Towards Best Practice in Provision of Transport Services for People with Disabilities in Ireland
In January 2004, the National Disability Authority launched a series called "Towards Best Practice………" on three of the NDA's priority areas: Further Education Training and Employment, Health and Transport.
This series emerged from an evidence shortfall including a lack of baseline level of statistics on the lives and experience of people with disabilities. The NDA had previously acknowledged that this lack of information had hindered service planning and development.
The three reports provide information on the following:
- Policy and legislation underpinning service provision, development, planning and monitoring
- Range and quantum of health services in Ireland
- International good practice in health and social care services for people with disabilities.
- Findings, conclusions and recommendations
The recommendations address common areas of concern that include
- national policy
- legislation and regulation
- data collection and information provision
- standards and guidelines
- accessibility issues.
Sector specific recommendations are also made.
These reports are available to download below or hard copies can be requested emailing Publications at email@example.com.