If you would like to visit the NDA Library to use our e-resources, please contact us to book the library PC.
If you are located in the NDA, and you need help in accessing these resources, please contact us.
Disclaimer: The National Disability Authority (NDA) is not responsible for the content or functionality of any external internet sites.
DATABASESWeb of Science (includes Social Sciences Citation Index). This service is for NDA staff only. Coverage 10 years, excellent for references and full-text, also has “EndNote” citation software.
This service is for NDA staff only. Login via SwetsWise to access the full-text of the following journals (also available in hard copy in the NDA Library:
- British Journal of Learning Disabilities
- Disability and Rehabilitation
- Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology
- Disability and Society
- International Journal of Disability, Development and Education
- Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities
- Journal of Intellectual Disabilities
- Journal of Intellectual Disability Research
- Journal of Policy and Practice in Intellectual Disabilities
- Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Scandinavian Journal of Disability Research
- Sexuality and Disability
- Technology and Disability
- Universal Access in the Information Society (NDA Library does not hold hard copy of this title)
Not on SWETSWISE
Full text of the following journals are available through the publishers' sites online (also available in hard copy in the NDA Library):
OPEN-ACCESS WEBSITES AND USEFUL LINKS:
NDA Library Catalogue
Online searchable catalogue of the NDA Library. You can borrow items by post.
- Google Advanced Search
- Google Advanced Scholar Search
Searchable online catalogues of Irish public libraries.
- Intute, formerly SOSIG (Portal to Social Sciences on the web)
16 Million citations from Medline and other life sciences journals.
ERIC (Education Resources Information Centre)
1.2 million citations on education, some PDF full-text.
DOAG (Directory of Open Access Journals)
2280 journals, some full-text.
Portal to European Union Law.
- Disability World
E-magazine on global disability issues.
- Disability Studies Quarterly
Journal on general disability issues.
Page last updated: 05/05/2011